The Cloud Information provider generates a representation of cloud resources, to be published inside INDIGO - DataCloud CMDB.
Release Notes - cloud-info-provider-indigo v. 0.10.0 & cloud-info-provider v. 0.7.0
Highlights of the INDIGO-2 release:
- This update provides repositories and packaging refactoring:
- INDIGO-related content has been moved to a dedicated repository and the cloud-info-provider is now using the stock version as features developed in the context of INDIGO have been merged in it.
- With this update it is possible to have only the cloud-info-provider package to register site information in both the CMDB and a Site BDII just by using different arguments and templates.
- INDIGO-related templates are deployed by the cloud-info-provider-indigo package.
- CentOS7 and Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty)
List of RfCs
- #28 - Splitting repositories/packages
- Documentation update related to new splitted packages
- Ansible role update to use new splitted packages
installation & Configuration:
- No manual intervention should be needed, but in case there are existing cron tasks they will have to take into account the following changes:
- cloud-info-provider-indigo-service has been renamed to cloud-info-provider-service as cloud-info-provider is now using the stock version
- /etc/cloud-info-provider-indigo has been renamed to /etc/cloud-info-provider as cloud-info-provider is now using the stock version. If needed copy any customization to the new directory.
yum clean all && yum update cloud-info-provider-indigo
apt-get update && apt-get install -V python-cloud-info-prov
List of Artifacts
- cloud-info-provider-indigo-0.10.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm - All INDIGO-specific content (JSON templates, send-to-cmdb script and documentation). Dependent on cloud-info-provider.
- cloud-info-provider-0.7.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm - Upstream version of the cloud-info-provider including changes made in the context of INDIGO.
- ansible-role-cloud-info-provider: 0.1.0. Ansible role has been updated to work with the splitted packages.
- Please use the INDIGO - DataCloud CatchAll GGUS Support Unit