Partition Director ease management of a hybrid data center, where both Batch System based and cloud based services are provided. Physical computing resources can play both roles in a mutual exclusive fashion.
The Partition Director takes care of commuting the role of one or more physical machines from "Worker Node" (member of the batch system cluster) to "Compute Node" (member of a cloud instance) and vice versa.
- Release Notes v. 0.9
Release Notes v. 0.9
Highlights of second release:
- Automated adjust share tool
- CentOS 7
- Openstack v. Newton
List of RfCs
Development of bjobs_r.py python script alternative to mcjobs.c which extracts the list of running jobs on each host. mcjobs.c had the licensing constraints Removed v2 while importing novaclient in all the scripts, explicitely added VERSION, to resolve compatibility issue Added function isError() and count_N_jobs to handle correctly error situation while interacting with bjobs_r.py in p_driver.py Added function get_cn_list out of init function in p_switch.py ** Development of adjust_lsf_shares.py to implement automated adjustment of shares on both partition
- Puppet receipe available at https://github.com/indigo-dc/dynpart/tree/master/conf_mng/puppet/farm_dynpart
- RPM package available at https://jenkins.indigo-datacloud.eu:8080/job/dynpart-packaging/platform=bcentos7/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/RPMS/python-dynpart-partition-director-cc-0.9-2.el7.centos.noarch.rpm https://jenkins.indigo-datacloud.eu:8080/job/dynpart-packaging/platform=bcentos7/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/RPMS/python-dynpart-partition-director-lsf-0.9-2.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
- for clean and upgrade installation
- Related documentation at :
List of Artifacts
- Please use the INDIGO - DataCloud CatchAll GGUS Support Unit