udocker v. 1.0.3
udocker - A basic user tool to execute simple docker containers in user space without requiring root privileges.
- Enables basic download and execution of docker containers by non-privileged users in Linux systems were docker is not available.
- It can be used to access and execute the content of docker containers in Linux batch systems and interactive clusters that are managed by other entities such as grid infrastructures or externaly managed batch or interactive systems.
The Indigo udocker does not require any type of privileges nor the deployment of services by system administrators. It can be downloaded and executed entirely by the end user.
udocker is a wrapper around several tools to mimic a subset of the docker capabilities including pulling images and running then with minimal functionality.
- Release Notes v. 1.0.3
Release Notes v. 1.0.3
- Support for importing containers in newer Docker metadata structure
- Support for additional execution engines to be provided in the future
- Improved parsing of entrypoint and cmd metadata
- Increase of name alias length
- Add support to change dir into volume directories
- Improve temporary file handling and removal
- Improve the command line parsing
- Fix exporting of host environment variables to the containers
- Fix deletion of files upon container import
- Fix validation of volumes specification
- Better support for private repositories other than dockerhub
- Address issues with ptrace and seccomp in newer kernels
- CentOS 7,Ubuntu 16.04
List of RfCs
an Ansible playbook is also available
More details regarding the installation and configuration can be found in the Installation & Configuration Guide
List of Artifacts
- Please use the INDIGO - DataCloud CatchAll GGUS Support Unit
- developers can be contacted also using firstname.lastname@example.org